British prime minister calls Manchester blast "appalling terrorist attack"World May 23, 5:52
Nineteen people confirmed dead in Manchester Arena blastWorld May 23, 4:40
Senator: Ukrainian authorities reluctant to stop policy of restricting Ukrainians' rightsRussian Politics & Diplomacy May 23, 3:48
Maestro Gergiyev’s orchestra opens international music festival in SofiaSociety & Culture May 23, 3:44
Anti-Russian sanctions unlikely to be lifted shortly, says parliament speakerBusiness & Economy May 23, 2:33
Senior Russian MP says too early to speak of thaw in Russia-US tiesRussian Politics & Diplomacy May 23, 2:26
NATO’s saber-rattling only impairs security of alliance's members — diplomatRussian Politics & Diplomacy May 22, 20:20
Russian sledge hockey team may compete in 2018 Paralympics — IPCSport May 22, 18:53
PM Medvedev says envoy’s murder 'left imprint' on Russian consulate’s work in TurkeyRussian Politics & Diplomacy May 22, 18:40
TEHRAN, July 31, 21:57 /ITAR-TASS/. Iran and the six world powers have failed to come to agreement on the Arak and Fordu nuclear sites, Deputy Foreign Minister Abbas Araqchi said on Thursday.
The IRNA news agency said the statement “came in response to the allegations made by U.S. Under Secretary of State for Political Affairs Wendy Sherman in the US Congress and underlined that principally there is no agreement on such issues with any party”.
Araqchi said “our differences on Arak and Fordu have not been resolved yet”.
“The only criterion for the Islamic Republic of Iran is the country’s needs and any decisions in negotiations will be made based on such needs,” the agency quoted him as saying.
The talks between Iran and the P5+1 (five permanent members of the U.N. Security Council and Germany) group, which were supposed to be concluded on July 20, will continue until November 24, a day before the end of a year since the adoption of the Geneva Agreement.
The interim nuclear deal made on November 24, 2013, called for taking the first step of reciprocal actions to prove good faith in a six-month period to be followed by negotiations for a comprehensive agreement, according to which the Western governments will acknowledge the Iranian nuclear programme as civilian.
The deal was called the first step to be followed by a comprehensive agreement, which, on the one hand, should resolve the international community’s concerns about the Iranian nuclear programme and, on the other hand, remove economic sanctions that slow down Iran’s economic development.
The agreement reached by and between Iran and the P5+1 (five permanent members of the U.N. Security Council and Germany) in Geneva last year became effective on January 20, 2014.