Currency converter
^
News Feed
News Search Topics
ОК
Use filter
You can filter your feed,
by choosing only interesting
sections.
Loading

Kiev to admit experts to MH17 crash site after militias leave

July 29, 2014, 18:03 UTC+3 KIEV
Kiev cannot ensure safety of air accident experts and other civilians at the crash site for now
1 pages in this article
© ITAR-TASS/Zurab Javakhadze

KIEV, July 29./ITAR-TASS/. The Ukrainian forces will provide access to international experts to the Malaysian airliner crash site only after they take the area under their control, a Ukrainian security official said Tuesday.

“As soon as Ukrainian troops enter this territory, the militia forces will leave it as it has no strategic importance for them,” said Andrei Lysenko, a spokesman for the Ukrainian National Security and Defense Council.

He added that Kiev cannot ensure safety of air accident experts and other civilians at the crash site for now.

Dutch Prime Minister Mark Rutte earlier on Tuesday urged the Ukrainian authorities to stop fighting near the Boeing crash site as Dutch and Australian aviation experts have so far failed to reach the area.

Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko on July 21 declared a ceasefire within the 40-kilometre zone around the crash site. However, Kiev recently resumed military operations in the area. The authorities of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People’s Republic said Kiev was trying to destroy evidence needed for an unbiased investigation of the catastrophe.

The Malaysia Airlines Boeing-777 plane en route from Amsterdam to Kuala-Lumpur crashed in Ukraine’s Donetsk region on July 17 in the conflict zone in eastern Ukraine. All 298 people aboard the plane, mainly Dutch nationals, were killed in the crash.

Show more
In other media
Реклама
Реклама