Currency converter
^
News Feed
News Search Topics
ОК
Use filter
You can filter your feed,
by choosing only interesting
sections.
Loading

Polish, British foreign ministers demand free access to Boeing-777 crash site

July 28, 2014, 19:53 UTC+3 WARSAW
According to Philip Hammond, the large volume of evidence indicated the missile had been launched from the embattled Ukrainian territory
1 pages in this article
Polish Foreign Minister Radoslaw Sikorski (2-R) and Defence Minister Tomasz Siemoniak (R) with British Foreign Secretary Philip Hammond (2-L) and Defence Secretary Michael Fallon (L)

Polish Foreign Minister Radoslaw Sikorski (2-R) and Defence Minister Tomasz Siemoniak (R) with British Foreign Secretary Philip Hammond (2-L) and Defence Secretary Michael Fallon (L)

© EPA/PAWEL SUPERNAK

WARSAW, July 28. /ITAR-TASS/. Free access to the site of Malaysian aircraft crash in Ukraine is necessary as well as faster investigation and further anti-Russian sanctions, Polish and British foreign ministers Radoslaw Sikorski and Philip Hammond said on Monday.

According to Hammond, the large volume of evidence indicated the missile had been launched from the embattled Ukrainian territory. Those responsible should be punished in court, he added.

Poland and Britain were closely cooperating in the discussion of further sanctions against Russia, the Minister added. If Russia continued to support and train separatists trying to destabilize the independent sovereign country, this would entail new losses for the Russian economy, Hammond said.

Sanctions should be imposed as Russia was responsible for the tragedy as it continued weapon supplies to the so-called separatists, said Sikorski. The proposal to cancel World Cup 2018 in Russia proved that the governments and public were shocked at weapon supplies that led to the tragic accident, he added recommending that the Russian government as soon as possible ceases support of separatists to prevent inappropriate mixing of sports and politics.

Earlier, the International Federation of Association Football (FIFA) rejected the proposed world Cup boycott.

FIFA was fully aware of its responsibility for the course of events in football and supported any peaceful and democratic discussion, said the organization’s press office. FIFA condemned any violence but also rejected boycott, political isolation and confrontation as inefficient in settling the disputes.

Earlier this year, two US Republican senators requested FIFA President Joseph Blatter to suspend Russia’s membership and strip it of the right to host the 2018 World Cup.

Show more
In other media
Реклама
Реклама