Currency converter
^
News Feed
News Search Topics
ОК
Use filter
You can filter your feed,
by choosing only interesting
sections.
Loading

Iran’s talks with six world powers to be resumed September 1

July 23, 2014, 16:29 UTC+3 TEHRAN
The deal was called the first step to be followed by a comprehensive agreement, which, on the one hand, should resolve the international community’s concerns about the Iranian nuclear program
1 pages in this article

TEHRAN, July 23. /ITAR-TASS/. Iran on September 1 will resume negotiations on an agreement on Tehran’s nuclear program with the six world powers (five permanent members of the UN Security Council plus Germany), Iranian Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Marzieh Afkham told a briefing on Wednesday, noting that expert-level meetings might be held ahead of the beginning of the new round.

“September 1 has been set for the first round of talks during the extended period,” Afkham said.

“Based on the agreement reached between Iran and the six world powers, the suspension of sanctions will remain in place and no new sanctions will be imposed on Iran,” she noted.

The interim nuclear deal made on November 24, 2013, called for taking the first step of reciprocal actions to prove good faith in a six-month period to be followed by negotiations for a comprehensive agreement, according to which the Western governments will acknowledge the Iranian nuclear program as civilian.

The deal was called the first step to be followed by a comprehensive agreement, which, on the one hand, should resolve the international community’s concerns about the Iranian nuclear program and, on the other hand, remove economic sanctions that slow down Iran’s economic development.

The agreement reached between Iran and the P5+1 (five permanent members of the UN Security Council and Germany) in Geneva last year became effective on January 20, 2014.

Show more
In other media
Реклама
Реклама