Putin looks forward to overcoming negative trends in turnover with TurkeyBusiness & Economy December 06, 21:20
Red Cross to continue humanitarian operations in Aleppo — spokespersonWorld December 06, 21:09
Russia proposes UN to be venue for discussing world’s controversial anti-doping systemSport December 06, 21:04
Dialogue on Germany’s initiative for armed control depends on NATO — diplomatRussian Politics & Diplomacy December 06, 20:57
Mikhail Saakashvili says he seeks to change Ukraine’s political classWorld December 06, 20:46
Defense minister promises 2017 World Military Games in Sochi to be held 'at highest level'Military & Defense December 06, 20:37
Syrian army takes control of another 5 districts in eastern Aleppo — ministryWorld December 06, 20:13
Turkish PM Yildirim’s exclusive op-ed for TASS on relations with RussiaWorld December 06, 19:58
Lawmaker says Jagland asked Duma speaker not to set conditions for Russia’s return to PACERussian Politics & Diplomacy December 06, 19:09
Russian REN-TV television channel’s correspondent Denis Kulaga was shell-shocked and sustained hearing loss after a mortar shell exploded near him and his cameraman Konstantin Yudin, who was also shell-shocked but his condition is yet to be determined.
Kulaga said that sometime after eight in the morning a mortar shell hit a poultry factory in the town of Izvarino reportedly wounding four people working there. He and Yudin rushed to a local hospital and found there the injured people.
“They told us that the poultry farm worked in line with the schedule with many people inside at the moment of the attack and nobody expected the war,” Kulaga said.
REN-TV’s press service earlier reported that Kulaga and Yudin were covering a story on how self-defense forces in the region were tracking down artillery spotters from the pro-Kiev military forces.
“The guys were swept by an explosion wave,” the press service said adding that the blast wave also blew the camera out of Yudin’s hands, smashing the expensive piece of equipment.
On June 20 Poroshenko declared a week-long ceasefire in the country’s southeast and on late Friday he announced a three-day extension of the ceasefire. However, there were numerous reports that the truce had been violated.
Three Russian journalists covering the developments in the embattled regions of Ukraine were killed within the past month. The most recent tragic death of a Russian journalist came on Sunday night.
Anatoly Klyan, 68, was among other journalists on a bus with mothers of military conscripts going to a pro-Kiev military unit in the Donetsk Region to demand the off-duty release of their sons, when the vehicle came under gunfire. Klyan, who worked as a cameraman for state-run television broadcaster Channel One, sustained a lethal gun wound in the abdomen and died upon his hospitalization.
Two correspondents from Russian central television and radio broadcasting company VGTRK, special correspondent Igor Kornelyuk and sound engineer Anton Voloshin, were killed near the eastern Ukrainian city of Luhansk on June 17.
Hundreds of people have been killed, buildings have been destroyed and tens of thousands have been forced to cross the border from Ukraine to Russia since April as a result of Kiev’s military operation against federalization supporters in Ukraine’s southeast involving armored vehicles, heavy artillery and attack aviation.