SLAVYANSK, June 24 /ITAR-TASS/. Gunfire and volleys were heard in the vicinity of the much-troubled East-Ukrainian city of Slavyansk shortly after midnight Tuesday but a spokesman for the people’s self-defence forces said it was unclear from which side the sporadic shots and volleys were made.
On the face of it, reports came in saying that Ukrainian military delivered artillery fire a yet another time at the village of Semyonovka in the suburbs of Slavyansk. The spokesman said several self-defence fighters received wounds.
On the night from June 22 to June 23, Ukrainian Army opened fire on several occasions in the area of Mount Karachun. Damage was sustained by buildings in the area of the township of Mashchermet.
Shortly before midnight, gunfire was heard on the outskirts of Slavyansk Monday night but it died down somewhat later.
In the meantime, the water supplies system remains out of operation in Slavyansk and most districts of the city are cut off from electric power supplies.
Consultations on the implementation of a ‘peace plan’ put forwards by Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko were held in Slavyansk Monday night.
Alexander Borodai, the Prime Minister of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People’s Republic said the supporters of federalization of Ukraine took a pledge on their part to observe the ceasefire through to June 27.
“In response to a ceasefire on Kiev’s part, we take an obligation to stop fire on our side and to refrain from combat actions,” Borodai said. “The deadline for this ceasefire is June 27.”
He said in addition to it that the redeployments of armed units on the territory of the Donetsk and Lugansk People’s Republics had been stopped, too.