McLaren report’s allegations to be taken to legal courts — former Sports Minister MutkoSport December 09, 21:41
Russia-Ukraine-EU gas talks to continue — EC energy chiefBusiness & Economy December 09, 21:11
Russian diplomat says concept of Syria’s moderate opposition has failedRussian Politics & Diplomacy December 09, 20:58
Hollywood star Schwarzenegger to appear in Russian adventure filmSociety & Culture December 09, 20:53
Restoration of Palmyra possible after ending of hostilities in Syria — ministerSociety & Culture December 09, 20:35
Gazprom ready to supply gas to Ukraine — Russia’s energy ministerBusiness & Economy December 09, 20:08
WADA chief alarmed over statements in McLaren reportSport December 09, 19:04
Russian sports minister: McLaren’s words on "institutional conspiracy" erroneousSport December 09, 18:59
Russian PM says sanctions 'not worth loss they cause for business'Business & Economy December 09, 18:24
KIEV, June 20, /ITAR-TASS/. A unilateral ceasefire announced by Ukrainian President Pyotr Poroshenko earlier on Friday came into force in Eastern Ukraine at 23:00 Moscow time, Poroshenko’s press service reports.
The ceasefire in Eastern Ukraine will last from 22:00 (23:00 Moscow time) on June 20 until 10:00 (11:00 Moscow time) on June 27.
However, “the military will be given the right to open return fire if Ukrainian army units or peaceful civilians are attacked,” Poroshenko said in his decree.
Poroshenko announced unilateral ceasefire in Eastern Ukraine during a visit to Svyatogorsk, located 15 kilometers to the north of Slavyansk in the Donetsk region, earlier on Friday. He ordered all Ukrainian army units fighting in the country’s southeast and the border guards to cease fire until June 27.
Poroshenko said that the ceasefire was designed to enable the Kiev authorities’ foes to lay down arms. He warned that those who would refuse to do that would be destroyed, Ukraine’s Interior Ministry wrote on its website.
The Ukrainian president warned that during the ceasefire the Ukrainian troopers would be given the right to return fire if Ukrainian army units or civilians were attacked.
Ukraine’s acting president, Alexander Turchinov, announced the start of an army operation in Eastern Ukraine on April 7, 2014.