Currency converter
^
News Feed
News Search Topics
ОК
Use filter
You can filter your feed,
by choosing only interesting
sections.
Loading

Donetsk Republic leader to continue working even after authorities put him on wanted list

June 18, 2014, 21:45 UTC+3 DONETSK
“They killed two of my bodyguards, blew up my car and staged a shootout in the center of the city even without that decision. Honestly, I do not know why they did that only now,” Denis Pushilin says
1 pages in this article
© ITAR-TASS/Konstantin Sazonchik

DONETSK, June 18./ITAR-TASS/. Denis Pushilin, chairman of the presidium of the Supreme Soviet of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People’s Republic told ITAR-TASS by telephone on Wednesday that a decision by Ukraine’s Security Service to put him on its wanted list would not prevent him from performing his official duties.

“The decision will not interfere with my work and is unlikely to change anything radically,” Pushilin said.

“They killed two of my bodyguards, blew up my car and staged a shootout in the center of the city even without that decision. Honestly, I do not know why they did that only now,” Pushilin went on to say.

Earlier on Wednesday, Ukraine’s Interior Ministry posted information on its website that Pushilin was a fugitive from state power bodies and that he was wanted by Ukraine’s Security Service.

Pushilin told ITAR-TASS that unidentified persons had blown up his car 100 meters off the Donetsk regional administration building on June 12. The car of Pushilin’s aide Maxim Petrukhin, a deputy of the Supreme Soviet of the Donetsk People’s Republic, was gunned down on June 7. The republic’s leadership described the attacks as terrorist acts.

Pushilin who was in the administration’s building during the attack on his car believes that the incident, in all probability, could have been orchestrated by ‘Kiev’s agents’.

Show more
In other media
Реклама
Реклама