Currency converter
^
News Feed
News Search Topics
ОК
Use filter
You can filter your feed,
by choosing only interesting
sections.
Loading

UN reports death of 356 people in Eastern Ukraine since launch of military operation

June 18, 2014, 15:51 UTC+3 GENEVA
The report mentions 356 people among those killed, of which 257 are civilians, including 14 children
1 pages in this article
© EPA/VALENTINA SVISTUNOVA

GENEVA, June 18./ITAR-TASS/. A total of 356 people have been killed since Kiev launched its military operation in the eastern Donetsk and Luhansk regions, chief of the Americas, Europe and Central Asia Branch of the UN Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) Gianni Magazzeni said on Wednesday.

Magazzeni presented a report prepared by the OHCHR monitoring mission in Ukraine. The figures include official data and information gathered by the mission’s staff in the area of fighting, the UN envoy said.

The report mentions 356 people among those killed, of which 257 are civilians, including 14 children, Magazzeni said.

Another 11 people were killed in Mariupol and two more were the employees of the Voda Donbassa water company killed during the recent events. The other 86 were the Ukrainian servicemen, including those who had been aboard an Il-76 transport plane shot down by self-defense forces, Magazzeni said.

The operation is being conducted by units of the Armed Forces, the so-called ‘national guard’ death squads and paramilitaries of the right-wing nationalistic Right Sector organization against supporters of Ukraine’s transformation into a federation.

Show more
In other media
Реклама
Реклама