EU extends anti-Russian sanctionsWorld June 28, 13:34
Russia starts design work on Priboy advanced helicopter carrierMilitary & Defense June 28, 13:29
Russian hi-tech firm to unveil concept of new corvette armed with 24 cruise missilesMilitary & Defense June 28, 13:21
Ukraine’s Internet association chief rules out Russia’s role in Petya ransomware attackWorld June 28, 13:03
Press review: Russia's 'Korean de-escalation' roadmap and India's balancing actPress Review June 28, 13:00
Defense Ministry refutes BBC reports on alleged capture of Russian serviceman in UkraineRussian Politics & Diplomacy June 28, 12:50
Pilot model of advanced marine engine to be built in near futureMilitary & Defense June 28, 12:41
Moscow alarmed at US remarks that Damascus may be ‘preparing chemical attack’Russian Politics & Diplomacy June 28, 12:37
Poll shows Russians see US and Ukraine as main sources of military threatSociety & Culture June 28, 11:52
DONETSK, June 16, /ITAR-TASS/. No evacuation routes in the area of the punitive operation conducted by the Ukrainian military in Ukraine's eastern regions can be even talked about and Kiev’s statements are all "lies, cynicism and populism", the leader of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People’s Republic, Denis Pushilin, told Itar-Tass by phone on Monday.
“There is no talk about any humanitarian corridors. They [the Kiev authorities] only make attacks on both militiamen and ordinary civilians,” he said commenting on Monday’s statement by the Ukrainian Foreign Ministry that said “Ukraine’s government does everything possible to protect residents of the eastern regions.”
Pushilin said that there existed “a whole list of such outrageous events.”
In particular, Pushilin said that militants of the radical ultranationalist Right Sector movement and the National Guard were conducting “a forced mobilisation.”
“In the village of Dmitrovka [next to the town of Snezhnoye] they broke into the houses and under the pretext of mobilisation took men aged from 18 to 50 years old away to an undisclosed location,” he said adding that reports about such incidents came from Ukraine’s south-eastern regions, including the city of Odessa.
Earlier on Monday, the Ukrainian Foreign Ministry released a statement, which in particular said that “evacuation routes were provided for civilians who expressed their desire to leave the zone of the anti-terrorist operation.”
“The national coordination headquarters has started its work on temporary accommodation of the citizens who are resettling from the Donetsk and Lugansk regions to the country’s other regions,” the statement said. “Special attention is paid to the evacuation of children."