Currency converter
^
News Feed
News Search Topics
ОК
Use filter
You can filter your feed,
by choosing only interesting
sections.
Loading

Abducted observers still in Donetsk region, no contact with them

June 02, 2014, 17:52 UTC+3 KIEV
OSCE missions in Donetsk, Luhansk regions to continue work despite missing observers
1 pages in this article
Militia fighters in east Ukraine (archive)

Militia fighters in east Ukraine (archive)

© ITAR-TASS/Konstantin Sazonchik

KIEV, June 02. /ITAR-TASS/. There is still no contact with two groups of OSCE observers that went missing last week in the eastern Ukrainian Donetsk region, Spokesman for the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission to Ukraine Michael Bociurkiw said on Monday.

The people who abducted observers from the Organisation for Security and Co-operation in Europe have not advanced any demands for their release as of yet, he said.

As for the group of four observers that went missing while involved in planned patrols in the south of the Donetsk region, they still remained in the region according to latest information, he said, adding that the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission was trying to get in touch with them.

Another group was detained by armed people at a check point in Starodonetsk last Thursday, and attempts to establish contact with them have failed since then. This group consists of four observers and a Ukrainian interpreter, Buciurkiw said.

He also said the OSCE still had no information who could have been involved in the abduction of its observers and urged all groups that could be holding them to contact the organisation.

 

Show more
In other media
Реклама
Реклама