Currency converter
^
News Feed
News Search Topics
ОК
Use filter
You can filter your feed,
by choosing only interesting
sections.
Loading

OSCE missions in Donetsk, Luhansk regions to continue work despite missing observers

June 02, 2014, 16:42 UTC+3 KIEV
There is still no contact with two groups of OSCE observers that went missing in the eastern Ukrainian Donetsk region
1 pages in this article
Militiamen in east Ukraine's Donetsk Region

Militiamen in east Ukraine's Donetsk Region

© EPA/PHOTOMIG

KIEV, June 02. /ITAR-TASS/. The observer missions of the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE) will continue working in east Ukraine's Donetsk and Luhansk regions despite incidents when their observers went missing there, Michael Bociurkiw, a spokesman for the OSCE’s mission in Ukraine, said Monday.

There is still no contact with two groups of OSCE observers that went missing in the eastern Ukrainian Donetsk region, he said. The people who abducted OSCE observers have not set any conditions for their release as of yet, he added.

As for the group of four observers that went missing while involved in planned patrols in the south of the Donetsk region, they still remained in the region according to еру latest information, he said, adding that the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission was trying to get in touch with them.

Another group was detained by armed people at a checkpoint in Starodonetsk last Thursday, and attempts to establish contact with them have failed since then. Bociurkiw also said the OSCE still had no information as to who could have been involved in the abduction of its observers and urged all groups that could be holding them to contact the organization.

Show more
In other media
Реклама
Реклама