Fifty-eight injured and nine taken to hospital after Rostov-on-Don fireSociety & Culture August 22, 8:25
North Korean leader secretly visited border area — mediaWorld August 22, 8:13
US visa changes to affect mainly Russian independent travelers, says authorityBusiness & Economy August 21, 21:07
CAS upholds life ban for ex-president of Russian athleticsSport August 21, 20:03
Police confirms man shot dead in Subirats was Barcelona attack perpetratorWorld August 21, 19:50
Premiere for historical drama Matilda rescheduled for late OctoberSociety & Culture August 21, 19:45
Fire in Russia’s Rostov-on-Don fully containedWorld August 21, 19:37
Russia wins two golds on second day of 2017 Universiade in TaipeiSport August 21, 19:29
Washington’s new strategy in Afghanistan aimed against China, expert saysWorld August 21, 18:43
According to Ukraine’s border service, 100 armed men surrounded the border post early on Monday morning. The first 40-minute attack with the use of submachine-guns and under-barrel grenades started at around 04:00 (05:00) Moscow time. Ukraine’s border guard service also said that the number of armed men around the border post’s territory had increased to 500 by midday on Monday. It also reports that fighting resumed at 15:30 Moscow after a 30-minute truce.
“We suggested that the border guards living in the territory of the Luhansk People’s Republic leave their units peacefully and go home. The police wanted to settle the situation peacefully. However, the border post’s command has rejected our terms. We believe that this approach is inhumane,” the spokesman for the Luhansk People’s Republic went on to say.
All the wounded were evacuated from the border post’s territory during the 30-minute truce.
The spokesman for the Luhansk People’s Republic told Itar-Tass that no casualties from the militia’s side had so far been reported.