Moscow not seen as possible host of Eurovision 2017 song contest - mediaSociety & Culture December 04, 22:22
Et-Tell in Damascus Province fully controlled by Syrian governmentWorld December 04, 21:46
Mirziyoyev campaign office says he is winning presidential elections in UzbekistanWorld December 04, 21:40
Preliminary results of Uzbekistan’s presidential polls to be announced on December 5 - CECWorld December 04, 21:28
Putin expresses condolences over fatal road accident in Khanty-Mansyisk autonomous areaSociety & Culture December 04, 20:20
Emergencies ministry confirms death of 12 people in road accident near Khanty-MansyiskSociety & Culture December 04, 17:04
Fidel Castro buried in Santiago de CubaWorld December 04, 16:50
Cuban revolution in pictures: Early years of Fidel CastroWorld December 04, 16:49
10 people, including 9 children, killed in bus accident near Siberia's Khanty-MansiiskSociety & Culture December 04, 15:32
LUGANSK, May 23, 5:19 /ITAR-TASS/. Ukrainian military on Thursday opened fire near the town of Rubezhnoye, the Lugansk Region to kill four and injure sixteen others, military doctor Gennady Moralishvili told a news conference later in the day.
He said first civilians had blocked a Ukrainian army unit on the way to Rubezhnoye.
“They (military - Itar-Tass) were prepared to surrender and agreed to lay down arms. Our people game them something to eat and took them back. On the way they came under the fire of their own forces,” he said.
Moralishvili told the media that according to available information four were killed and sixteen others injured. There were civilians among the casualties.
“Troops were firing shots at civilians,” he said.
According to Moralishvili some representatives of the local people’s militia had contacted the Ukrainian forces near the city to try to persuade them not to open fire, because some industrial enterprises in the area manufacture ammonia and explosives.
Moralishvili said paratroops from the 25th Dnepropetrovsk division were involved in the operation near Rubezhnoye. Some soldiers claim they had been forced to participate in the operation.
“They said outright that they had been mobilized. In case of refusal they would have been sentenced to eight years in prison,” Moralishvili said.