Defense minister opens international Army Games-2017Military & Defense July 29, 14:15
Dry cargo vessel turns over in Crimea, three rescuedWorld July 29, 9:39
DPRK announces 2nd successful test of Hwasong 14 missileWorld July 29, 7:21
Trump to sign bill on anti-Russian sanctions - White HouseWorld July 29, 7:19
Rogozin demands tough measures on Romania, Moldova after disruption of visitRussian Politics & Diplomacy July 29, 5:27
Soyuz MS-05 space vehicle brings new expedition to ISSScience & Space July 29, 5:21
Defense ministry reports North Korea’s missile launch pose no threat to RussiaMilitary & Defense July 28, 21:34
Russian diplomat comments on new US sanctionsRussian Politics & Diplomacy July 28, 20:50
US new anti-Russian law poses threat to energy projects — expertBusiness & Economy July 28, 20:30
The envoys have proposed the servicemen to lay down arms voluntarily.
“We’re holding talks with the commanding officers and demanding that the base lay down arms,” a spokesman for the DPR said.He also said the population of townships and villages in various parts of the region continued putting up checkpoints for counteracting the Kiev government’s armed units that continued the punitive operation in the area.
In addition to this, the press service said several more people had been wounded in combat clashes near the city of Slavyansk in the small hours of Wednesday.
Tuesday, the press service informed ITAR-TASS about combat clashes between the People’s Guard fighters and the paramilitaries of the so-called ‘Ukrainian national guard’ that had taken place near in the villages of Oktyabrskoye and Dmitrovka near the city of Kramatorsk. They quoted the data suggesting that “members of the People’s Guard had put several combat vehicles out of operation.
In the meantime, officials at the Ukrainian Defense Ministry in Kiev claimed that six soldiers had died and nine had been wounded. The People’s Guard said one man had died on their side and several more people had been wounded.
A spokesman for the People’s Guard in Kramatorsk told ITAR-TASS that a peaceful civilian died May 13 and two more people had been wounded during clashes May 13.
In the meantime, Ukraine’s interim President Oleksandr Turchynov said unambiguously May 13 that the operation of the Ukrainian Army in the east of the country would continue.