Currency converter
^
News Feed
News Search Topics
ОК
Use filter
You can filter your feed,
by choosing only interesting
sections.
Loading

Party of Regions to decide on participation of Mykhailo Dobkin in presidential race

April 29, 2014, 19:44 UTC+3 KIEV
Earlier, uninidentified people blocked the jet of Ukrainian presidential nominee Mykhailo Dobkin on the runway of Kherson airport
1 pages in this article
© ITAR-TASS/Artem Geodakyan

KIEV, April 29. /ITAR-TASS/. Ukraine’s Party of Regions said on Tuesday it will soon decide whether to withdraw its candidate for Ukrainian president, Mykhailo Dobkin, from election or not.

The party’s press service also quoted Dobkin as saying that radical nationalist groups were seeking to foil the presidential polls in Ukraine.

“As of today, I and my comrades in the Party of Regions have proof that a certain group of extremists, well organized and paid, is following me on my trips as a presidential candidate about various regions,” Dobkin said. “They have one goal - not to let me meet with voters and actually foil the canvassing campaign. Their task is to frustrate the elections. They are sparing no effort to force one of the presidential candidates withdraw from the elections. Obviously, it is all meant to foil the election campaign.”

According to Dobkin, it looked like that behind these actions was one of the candidates who was unable to win the elections. However he did not name this candidate. “This candidate is calling the shots to make some other candidate to withdraw from the race and frustrate these elections in order to postpone or even cancel them at all. In order to further muddle up the current complicated situation in our country,” he said.

But, in his words, “to withdraw from the elections means to play into the hands of those do not want stability in our country.” “That is why we will scrutinize the situation, look at every possible option and its consequences, and we reserve the right to take any decision,” Dobkin stressed.

Earlier on Tuesday, other Ukraine’s presidential contender, lawmaker Oleh Tsariov, announced his withdrawal from the presidential race. Tsariov’s press service said on Tuesday he had made this statement at a meeting of the coordinating council of the public movement South-East.

“I believe that whereas the self-appointed central authorities in Kiev are working to split the country, Ukrainian regions can make real steps to save the country,” he said. “Maintaining contacts and speaking to each other bypassing the puppet Kiev authorities they can reach a better understanding. By the Kiev authorities, in violation of all democratic norms, have stripped me off this possibility. It is real risk to my life to try to come to Kiev to address the Ukraine-wide audience, whereas the possibility of my participating in televised debates on UT-1 television channel by means of a TV link-up has been turned down.”

“That is why I have taken the decision to withdraw from elections, since the status of a candidate is inefficient in such conditions,” Tsarev stressed.

“We will look for other information channel and possibilities to bring our thoughts and positions to people in central and western Ukraine,” he noted. “I call on all other candidates - Petr Simonenko, Mikhail Dobkin, Sergei Tigipko, Rinat Kuzmin and others whose voters live in Ukraine’s southeastern regions - to withdraw from the elections. We should boycott the elections which are being held on the background of a civil war!”

Early elections of the Ukrainian president are appointed on May 25.

Show more
In other media
Реклама
Реклама