Turkey declares one day of national mourning over Istanbul terrorist attackWorld December 11, 7:10
Turkish authorities impose media ban on coverage of Istanbul explosionWorld December 11, 3:01
Erdogan says Istanbul terrorist attack causes fatalitiesWorld December 11, 2:52
Istanbul explosions leave 15 dead, 69 wounded — TV channelWorld December 11, 2:38
Three settlements in Syria join cessation of hostilities — Russia’s Defense MinistryWorld December 11, 2:34
TV: Islamic State re-enters ancient city of PalmyraWorld December 10, 21:20
Saudi minister says Russia led consultations process with OPECBusiness & Economy December 10, 20:41
UK foreign secretary says protection of civilians should be 'top priority' in SyriaWorld December 10, 20:31
Non-OPEC states join historic oil cut dealBusiness & Economy December 10, 20:23
CAIRO, April 18. / ITAR-TASS /. The number of victims of the attack on the base of UN peacekeepers in southern Sudan has risen to 48 people, african media reports.
Earlier, the UN Coordinator for Humanitarian Affairs in the country Toby Lanzer said about the death of dozens of refugees in the attack of armed men at the base of the UN Mission in South Sudan (UNMISS) in the village of Bor (Jonglei State).
About 350 people came to the UN base on Thursday, which was a shelter for almost five thousand civilians, allegedly in order to turn over the petition to peacekeepers. The crowd then broke into and opened fire. Mission staff managed to repel the attack.
Clashes in southern Sudan began in mid-December last year between the dominant ethnic Dinka (the President Salva Kiir Mayardit) and the ethnic Nuer (the former vice president Riek Machar).