MINSK, February 26. /ITAR-TASS/. The subway in Minsk, the capital of Belarus, has resumed operation after an almost three-hour break caused by a false a bomb scare.
Police said the subway had suspended operation after suspicious objects had been found at some of the stations. Police stepped up security at entrances to subway stations where notices advising passengers to use other means of transportation have been put up.
The city authorities provided additional buses and trolleybuses to cope with the passenger traffic.
“It’s all over. The Main Interior Department is preparing an announcement. What is important is that everything is well,” a message posted on the Interior Ministry’s official Twitter page said.
The city police said earlier that “no extraordinary situations have occurred on Minsk’s subway.