Putin orders to draft over 140,000 men into army this springMilitary & Defense March 30, 10:51
Russia cuts oil output by 200,000 barrels a dayBusiness & Economy March 30, 8:09
Russian historical epic Viking to be released in Italy, UKSociety & Culture March 30, 2:11
Putin visits ice cave during Arctic tourSociety & Culture March 30, 0:02
Moscow slams West’s reaction to Russian protests as part of long-planned campaignRussian Politics & Diplomacy March 29, 23:56
Putin orders Defense Ministry and FSB to ensure protection of Russia’s interests in ArcticMilitary & Defense March 29, 21:46
Kiev aware of few chances to win in debt lawsuit case — envoyBusiness & Economy March 29, 20:52
Russian top diplomat dismisses claims about human rights violations in Crimea as liesRussian Politics & Diplomacy March 29, 20:23
Moscow suspects Jabhat al-Nusra could be used to topple AssadRussian Politics & Diplomacy March 29, 19:58
BEIRUT, February 09, 21:46 /ITAR-TASS/. As many as 611 civilians have been evacuated from the opposition-controlled old town quarters in Homs, the SNA news agency quoted Homs Governor Talal al-Barrazi as saying on Sunday.
According to al-Barrazi, the ceasefire agreement may be extended for three days more to give local residents an opportunity to leave dangerous areas.
“The issue is being discussed by the parties,” he said.
According to earlier reports, a total of 190 tonnes of humanitarian cargoes, including foodstuffs and medicines, were delivered to the old town quarters. Only a convoy of trucks under United Nations flags managed to reach the town, while trucks of the Syrian Red Crescent were not let in by the armed opposition. The Al-Mayadeen television channel said gunfire had been opened at trucks taking the civilians out of Homs. No one was hurt.