Obama commutes sentence to Wikileaks leaker ManningWorld January 18, 4:54
Diplomat says UN may act as mediator at Astana talks between Damascus and oppositionRussian Politics & Diplomacy January 17, 21:31
Expert believes Brexit to bring UK closer to USWorld January 17, 20:29
Italian Foreign Ministry: It is necessary to assess conditions for returning to G8 formatWorld January 17, 20:04
Russia hopes ECHR will cancel its ruling on Dima Yakovlev Law — diplomatRussian Politics & Diplomacy January 17, 19:35
Preserving Moldova's neutrality impossible without partnership with Russia — presidentWorld January 17, 19:10
OPEC to monitor oil production, export — Saudi Arabian Energy MinisterBusiness & Economy January 17, 18:57
Group of Sukhoi-24M bombers to return from Syria soon — Defense MinistryMilitary & Defense January 17, 18:50
Russian reconciliation center reports over 1,130 Syrian settlements join ceasefireWorld January 17, 18:47
BEIRUT, February 09, 5:37 /ITAR-TASS/. Homs Governor Talal al-Barrazi told the SANA news agency that humanitarian aid delivered to the city’s two old quarters had been distributed among its residents.
According to him, only two trucks out of the humanitarian convoy had reached the final destination because the militants had opened fire and did not let part of the column pass. Several trucks and were damaged and four hospital attendants were wounded. The United Nations workers and employees of the Syrian Red Crescent Society took part in the humanitarian operation.
Only half of dispatched relief aid reached the besieged city of Homs on Saturday because of provocations by militants.
The Al-Mayadeen TV channel reports that 250 instead of 500 tons of food were delivered to the AL Hamidiyah area because of fighting among militant armed groups that are ruling the roost in Homs. As a result, four Syrian Red Crescent employees were wounded.
Governor Talal al-Barazi explained that the truce had been violated by militants who were not subordinate to commanders with whom a ceasefire agreement had been reached. Reports that some relief workers were allegedly taken hostage have not been confirmed.
According to Al-Mayadeen, the fighting in Old Homs intensified as night set in.
The government troops are observing the ceasefire agreement.