Russian rotocraft maker expects to sign deal with Defense Ministry on Mi-38 deliveriesMilitary & Defense May 25, 12:31
Death toll from fires in Russia’s Krasnoyarsk region rises to threeWorld May 25, 12:18
Iran expects supplies from Russia within oil-for-food dealBusiness & Economy May 25, 12:16
NATO chief underlines importance of full implementation of Minsk agreementsWorld May 25, 12:07
170 homes burn down in Siberian fires, Russian Emergencies Ministry saysWorld May 25, 11:52
Russia starts state trials of upgraded ‘Night Hunter’ helicopterMilitary & Defense May 25, 11:41
Stoltenberg says Norway remembers Red Army’s role in liberation from fascismWorld May 25, 11:16
Stoltenberg welcomes contacts between NATO-allied countries and RussiaWorld May 25, 10:51
Soyuz carrier rocket with military satellite launched from Russian spaceportScience & Space May 25, 10:07
KIEV, January 23. /ITAR-TASS/. Ukraine's Defense Ministry denied media reports on Thursday that military forces were on alert to enter the country’s capital, Kiev, as the authorities planned a state of emergency.
“Media reports on the preparation of military forces for the introduction of a state of emergency are untrue,” Col. Alexander Motuzyanik, an acting head of the ministry’s press service, said.
On Wednesday, he rejected media reports that five combat tanks were on their way to Kiev from the north Ukraine city of Chernigov, adding that “Ukrainian armed forces are not taking any part in the country’s current political developments.”
According to various reports, at least three protesters are believed to have been killed in violent clashes with police since Sunday, when hundreds of people gathered in central Kiev to protest against new legislation on violations of public order.
Video from the scene showed people wearing masks and helmets to hurl Molotov cocktails and chunks of concrete at police. The country’s Interior Ministry announced on Wednesday that up to 170 police officers had been injured since Sunday, with 84 of them still in hospital.