NEW YORK, January 15. /ITAR-TASS/. As a result of fire that broke out in New York’s John F. Kennedy International Airport, 18 people got poisoned by carbon monoxide. Three of them were taken to hospital. Local authorities reported this on Tuesday.
According to reports, the condition of the injured does not raise concerns. The cause of fire was the flame outbreak of rubbish in one of the warehouses. At present, the fire is extinguished.
As noted by representatives of the airport’s administration, the incident did not affect the flight schedule, as well as the car traffic near the airport.