Russian war memorial in Poland reopens after renovationWorld June 22, 19:41
Le Bourget air show: Russia clinches contracts for military hardware deliveriesMilitary & Defense June 22, 19:28
Czech president supports idea of referendum on country’s withdrawal from EUWorld June 22, 18:57
Russian fans show fascinating hospitality at 2017 Confederations Cup — renowned pianistSport June 22, 18:32
First days of Soviet Union's Great Patriotic War in picturesSociety & Culture June 22, 18:10
Defense Ministry comments on upcoming Russia-China military exercisesMilitary & Defense June 22, 18:08
Death toll in Afghan terror attack climbs to 34World June 22, 18:04
Russian MP castigates Poland’s decision to demolish Red Army monuments as ‘blasphemous’Russian Politics & Diplomacy June 22, 17:46
Ex-Ukrainian president lambastes Europe for ‘brining Ukraine to its knees’World June 22, 17:12
MOSCOW, January 09. /ITAR-TASS/. The owner of the Russian Oleg Naidenov fishing trawler, which was seized by the Senegalese military on January 4, plans to file a suit with the Hamburg-based International Tribunal for the Law of the Sea, spokesman for the Russian fisheries agency Alexander Savelyev told journalists on Thursday.
“On our part, we think that it would be expedient to file a suit with the International Tribunal for the Law of the Sea in Hamburg,” he said. Earlier, this court promptly considered the case of the Greenpeace’s Arctic Sunrise ship that had been arrested in Russia’s Murmansk. “As a rule, this tribunal rules to release the ship and the crew,” he added.
The Oleg Naidenov suspected of illegal fishing within Senegalese waters was seized by the Senegalese military 46 miles of Guinea-Bissau on January 4 with 82 crew onboard, including 62 Russians and 20 citizens of Guinea-Bissau, and convoyed to the port of Dakar on January 5. During the seizure several sailors were injured.
The Oleg Naidenov is owned by private company Fenix, registered in Murmansk, the extreme northwest part of Russia. It is a big fishing boat of Moonzund type, 120 meters long, built in Germany in 1989.
The crew remains on board the vessel under control of the Senegalese law enforcers. Sailors’ passports were confiscated soon after the arrest and the crew was not allowed to leave the trawler.