Italian PM Matteo Renzi says to file resignation request later on MondayWorld December 05, 4:37
Moscow not seen as possible host of Eurovision 2017 song contest - mediaSociety & Culture December 04, 22:22
Et-Tell in Damascus Province fully controlled by Syrian governmentWorld December 04, 21:46
Mirziyoyev campaign office says he is winning presidential elections in UzbekistanWorld December 04, 21:40
Preliminary results of Uzbekistan’s presidential polls to be announced on December 5 - CECWorld December 04, 21:28
Putin expresses condolences over fatal road accident in Khanty-Mansyisk autonomous areaSociety & Culture December 04, 20:20
Emergencies ministry confirms death of 12 people in road accident near Khanty-MansyiskSociety & Culture December 04, 17:04
Fidel Castro buried in Santiago de CubaWorld December 04, 16:50
Cuban revolution in pictures: Early years of Fidel CastroWorld December 04, 16:49
UNITED NATIONS ORGANIZATION, January 09. /ITAR-TASS/. Members of the U.N. Security Council failed to coordinate a draft statement on the situation in Syria for the second time this month, a diplomatic source told Itar-Tass.
Britain put forth an initiative to adopt the draft statement, which calls for condemning the actions by the Syrian authorities.
Commenting on the document, Russia’s delegation said: “The draft statement is unbalanced. Amendments should be made in the draft statement. It should mention the opposition’s crimes.”
“However, the text’s authors disagreed and the draft statement was withdrawn,” the diplomat said.
On December 18, the United States called for adopting the similar draft statement. It was based on mass media reports and wording by anonymous “human rights activists” on the use of weapons, including flame bombs and Scud missiles, in Aleppo by the Syrian authorities.
Later, the Russian Foreign Ministry reported that the U.S. had been proposed “several constructive amendments to the text of the document in order to make it more balanced”.