Moscow court turns down Jehovah’s Witnesses bid to fight Justice Ministry’s banWorld April 24, 16:08
Swiss-based CAS upholds four-year ban on Russian marathon runner MayorovaSport April 24, 15:57
One killed, 11 wounded as result of mishandling of weapons at Dagestan schoolWorld April 24, 15:54
Foreign policy chief says EU ready to return to strategic partnership with RussiaWorld April 24, 15:45
Russian diplomat warns about possible false flag near DamascusRussian Politics & Diplomacy April 24, 15:29
Putin's spokesman says Kremlin never had any aversion to MacronRussian Politics & Diplomacy April 24, 15:12
Kremlin stresses efforts must be made to root out corruptionRussian Politics & Diplomacy April 24, 14:44
Moscow expects OPCW to send experts to Syria’s Khan SheikhounRussian Politics & Diplomacy April 24, 14:21
Russian premier believes attaining 2% GDP growth in 2017 viableBusiness & Economy April 24, 14:08
MOSCOW, November 8 (Itar-Tass) - Syria’s National Coalition has refused to take part in the talks in Moscow, Foreign Ministry spokesman Alexander Lukashevich said on Friday.
“Russia initiated the talks in Moscow. It should not create any impression that a certain parallel trend has been formed within preparations for the Geneva II Peace Conference,” the diplomat said.
“These days Russia’s initiative has been discussed in Geneva with the opposition groups,” he said.
“Unfortunately, Russia’s initiative is being blocked. Certain leaders of the National Coalition consider it counterproductive and are not ready to take part in the Geneva II conference,” Lukashevich said, adding, “The Foreign Ministry leadership is convinced that the initiative will be useful to inter-connect positions by Syrian parties, which have to agree in Geneva.”
“This is a schematic gesture, which predetermines discussions in Geneva. So far we’ve gotten positive responses from different opposition groups,” he said.