GENEVA, November 8 (Itar-Tass) - Iran and the Sextet of intrnational meiators (five Permanent Members of the UN Security Council plus Germany) will carry on talks here on Friday on settling Tehran's "nuclear dossier".
On Thursday, the sides, during meeings in various formats, discussed the details of the plan submitted by Iran at the previous round in Geneva on Oct 15-16.
Iranian Deputy Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi expressed hope that the sides would succeed in "making progress". "The negotiating process will not be easy and I think there is a long way to go," the diplomat said. "I hope that the sides will bring their positions closer, and resolve disagreements and come to the final agreement," he emphasized.
Besides, the Iranian Deputy Foreign Minister said, Iran expects to start working together with the Sextet on a memorandum of understanding . "We are at a sensitive stage now and will try to start working on the text of a document of understanding tomorrow," he said Thursday. "The work ahead will be meticulous, for every formulation is of importance," he stressed.
Araghchi highly appreciated the bilateral meetings held the day before by the Iranian delegation with representatives of the European Union, the United States, Russia, and China. "Those contacts were useful and fruitful," the high-ranking diplomat said. He specially noted that Tehran sets big hopes on the second day of the talks and is optimistic about it.
For his part, Michael Mann, spokesperson for the High Represntative of the European Union for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy, said earlier in the day that the process is a complesone and that it has entered a very important phase. He expressed hope that the sides would be able to make specific progress within the two days. He said the work was under way and would take time. Mann noted that the discussion at the previous round of talks was very specific and expressed hope that it would continue this way.