MOSCOW, August 16 (Itar-Tass) - Tour operators have started to correct plans for Russians to travel to Egypt and are moving to meet recommendations of the Rostourism federal agency to halt tour sales to resorts there, executive director of the Russian Association of Tour Operators Maya Lomidze told a news conference on Friday.
People who had already bought tours had the right to fly to Egypt, but it was undesirable, she said.
“If you have the documents, you can fly out, but it is better not to do it," Lomidze added. However, if the tour was booked but not paid for, another destination would most likely be offered. Travel to Egypt would be cancelled, she said.
Tour businesses would follow Rostourism's recommendations as fully and quiickly as possible, Lomidze said.
On Thursday evening, Rostourism published a letter urging an end to Egypt tour sales.