Kamaz to supply at least 1,000 trucks to Philippines by 2020Business & Economy May 29, 21:49
Moscow ready to offer clarifications over incident with Montenegrin MPRussian Politics & Diplomacy May 29, 21:09
Moscow mayor says Monday's hurricane in Moscow 'unprecedented'Society & Culture May 29, 20:56
Moldovan president slams government’s decision to expel Russian diplomatsWorld May 29, 20:52
Macron lashes out at Russian news agency Sputnik, RT channel over campaign coverageWorld May 29, 20:11
Macron says no international problem can be solved without RussiaWorld May 29, 19:51
Putin: Russian and French fundamental interests come firstRussian Politics & Diplomacy May 29, 19:34
Hollywood director highlights his esteem for Russia’s presidentSociety & Culture May 29, 19:18
Death toll following Moscow thunderstorms rises to 11World May 29, 19:02
PARIS, August 9 (Itar-Tass) - French police had to evacuate all staff and tourists from Tour Eiffel on Friday afternoon after receiving a bomb threat from an anonymous phone terrorist.
The local media reports that a call came at 14:30 Paris time (16:30 Moscow time). Police sealed off the tower’s building. All the visitors and employees were taken out and a mine disposal unit got down to work.
After two hours of search, no bomb was found. The police removed the cordons, and Tour Eiffel resumed its normal work. There has been no information so far on who the phone terrorist could be.
Tour Eiffel was opened on the bank of the Seine River in 1889 on the occasion of the World Expo in Paris. It is one of the world’s most popular tourist attractions. More than seven million people visit the tower annually. Entrance tickets allow visitors to elevate to one of the tower’s three floors. Suicide attempts and calls from anonymous phone terrorists occur several times a year.