European court says sanctions against Russia's oil major Rosneft are justifiedBusiness & Economy March 28, 11:22
Finnish president stresses Arctic should be free of geopolitical disputesWorld March 28, 11:11
Blaze at Ukrainian ammo depot extinguished, residents return homeWorld March 28, 10:13
Serbia’s PM believe Russia concerned by instability in BalkansWorld March 28, 3:40
About 3,000 troops to take part in missile force’s drills in central RussiaMilitary & Defense March 27, 20:55
Russian footballers must ‘force own game’ on Belgium in Sochi friendly match — coachSport March 27, 20:34
UN denies rumors of Staffan de Mistura’s resignationWorld March 27, 20:16
Prominent Russian lawyer vows to look into detention of journalists during Moscow ralliesRussian Politics & Diplomacy March 27, 20:05
Kremlin says world chess tournaments should go as planned despite FIDE’s presidential rowSport March 27, 19:32
CHISINAU, August 5 (Itar-Tass) - Confectionary supplied by Ukraine’s Roshen Corporation to Moldova is safe for consumers, Agriculture Minister Vasily Bumakov told journalists on Monday.
“We sampled goods although there is no need to do this. Consumers should not worry. No dangerous elements have been found in the batches supplied to Moldova,” Bumakov said.
In his view, the scandal around Ukrainian confectionaries “is overblown by journalists themselves”.
Meanwhile, the Food Safety Agency will present a report in several days, the minister said.
Head of the Food Safety Agency Grigore Porcescu told Itar-Tass last week that Roshen products would be checked after the Russian watchdog revealed toxic substances.
At present, Roshen Corporation is one of the key competitors of Moldovan producers on the internal market. The sales can be compared with Moldova’s Bucuria. Its leadership accused Roshen Corporation of unscrupulous competition and urged the Moldovan authorities to take safeguard actions.