IRKUTSK, April 14 (Itar-Tass) - Four Chinese citizens died in the fire, which broke out at a dormitory in the town Zima, the Irkutsk Region, on Sunday. Another five Chinese citizens were brought to the local hospital with the burns of different degrees of graveness, the press service of the Irkutsk regional police department told Itar-Tass on Sunday.
“The fire broke out in the hangar, where about 20 Chinese citizens, who worked at a neighbouring sawmill, lived. The fire has spread on about 300 square metres,” the press service reported.
The debris is being removed at the fire site, four people were found dead, it is not ruled out that the death toll can rise.
The casualties are being identified, the injured workers were already identified. The police reported that all of them worked in the region legally.
The regional police department reported that the fire could have been triggered by the short circuit in the electric wire.