MOSCOW, May 12. /TASS/. Journalists from five countries have been invited to attend the ceremony when North Korea’s Punggye-ri nuclear test site will be dismantled, North Korea’s Foreign Ministry said on Saturday.
Reporters from South Korea, China, Russia, the United States and the United Kingdom are to cover the ceremony, it said. The Foreign Ministry said in a press release circulated by the country’s KNCA news agency that the number of reporters had been confined "in due consideration of small space" at the nuclear test ground.
The North Korean authorities had promised to dismantle the Punggye-ri nuclear test site in May, with the process being made public. The agreement to this effect was reached at a summit between South Korean President Moon Jae-in and North Korean leader Kim Jong-un in Panmunjom on April 27. Kim Jong-un promised to invite journalists and security experts to North Korea to watch the process.