Turkish authorities impose media ban on coverage of Istanbul explosionWorld December 11, 3:01
Erdogan says Istanbul terrorist attack causes fatalitiesWorld December 11, 2:52
Istanbul explosions leave 15 dead, 69 wounded — TV channelWorld December 11, 2:38
Three settlements in Syria join cessation of hostilities — Russia’s Defense MinistryWorld December 11, 2:34
TV: Islamic State re-enters ancient city of PalmyraWorld December 10, 21:20
Saudi minister says Russia led consultations process with OPECBusiness & Economy December 10, 20:41
UK foreign secretary says protection of civilians should be 'top priority' in SyriaWorld December 10, 20:31
Non-OPEC states join historic oil cut dealBusiness & Economy December 10, 20:23
Russian diplomat urges Western reporters to be unbiased in war news coverageRussian Politics & Diplomacy December 10, 20:08
KIEV, February 3. /TASS/. Ukraine is ready to fulfill the Minsk agreements and cease fire but concurrently it reinforces its army and brings up reserves, Ukrainian President Poroshenko, who is currently on a working trip to the Kharkov region, said on Tuesday.
"These agreements have absolutely clear provisions of immediate ceasefire, prisoner release, closing borders, pulling out foreign troops and mercenaries, necessity of a political settlement of the conflict, including through local elections under Ukrainian laws," the press service of the Kharkov region state administration quoted him as saying. "Obviously, we can conduct these talks having a strong army capable of protecting the state."
"We are ready to cease fire. We are ready to implement the Minsk agreements. If our proposals are ignored, our armed forces will be able to secure protection of the Ukrainian territory," he said.
Earlier on Tuesday, Ukraine’s Foreign Ministry spokesperson Yevgeny Perebeinos said that the self-proclaimed Donetsk and Lugansk People’s Republics (DPR and LPR) were to blame for the failure of the recent round of talks of the Contact Group for Ukraine. "Representatives of the DPR and LPR put up several demands which actually disrupted the talks," he said.
"Ukraine does not accept the language of ultimatums. Our stance consists in full and unconditional implementation of the Minsk agreements," Perebeinos said.
Another attempt of the Contact Group on Ukraine to agree a ceasefire in Donbass yielded no visible result on Sunday. Later on, the authorized representatives of the two self-proclaimed republics, Denis Pushilin and Vladisalv Deinego, said that instead of negotiating possible solutions, the Kiev authorities delivered ultimatums to the militias.
The representatives of the self-proclaimed republics also announced their intention to continue abiding by the Minsk Memorandum. They noted that Ukraine was using various arguments to protract the settlement process.
The parties to the Ukrainian conflict agreed on a ceasefire at OSCE /Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe/-mediated talks on September 5 in Belarusian capital Minsk. On September 19 in Minsk, the Trilateral Contact Group on Ukraine comprising representatives of Ukraine, Russia and the OSCE adopted a memorandum outlining the parameters for the implementation of commitments on the ceasefire in Ukraine laid down in the Minsk Protocol of September 5.
The document contains nine points, including in particular a ban on the use of all armaments and withdrawal of weapons with the calibres of over 100 millimetres to a distance of 15 kilometres from the contact line from each side. The OSCE was tasked with controlling the implementation of memorandum provisions. The document was signed by OSCE envoy Heidi Tagliavini, Ukraine’s former president Leonid Kuchma, Russia’s Ambassador to Kiev Mikhail Zurabov, DPR Prime Minister Alexander Zakharchenko and LPR leader Igor Plotnitsky.