Title for Episode VIII of world’s famous saga ‘Star Wars’ revealedSociety & Culture January 23, 21:19
Russia’s chief negotiator: Astana format gives hope for new level in negotiating processRussian Politics & Diplomacy January 23, 20:52
Astana talks focusing on mechanism of Syria ceasefire observance — oppositionWorld January 23, 20:23
Russia and Turkey hit Islamic State targets near al-Bab in Aleppo provinceWorld January 23, 20:06
Russia’s 4th Yasen-class submarine completes hydraulic testsMilitary & Defense January 23, 18:56
Arctic airport in search for investorsBusiness & Economy January 23, 18:50
Rosneft begins Arctic shelf’s seismological exploration from 2017Business & Economy January 23, 18:38
Tesla takes the lead in sales of electric cars in Russia in 2016Business & Economy January 23, 18:18
Politician says European-style reforms to degrade Ukraine’s economyWorld January 23, 18:16
SIMFEROPOL, March 14, /ITAR-TASS/. The official websites of the Crimean Supreme Council and other authorities on the peninsula were hit by cyber attacks, Crimean Minister of Information and Mass Communications Dmitry Polonsky said on Friday.
The parliament's website did no open in the past few hours. Websites of the republic's ministries also worked with serious problems.
"It is true, massive DDoS attacks began on Friday. However, it did not affect activities of the bodies of power," he said. The minister linked the cyber attacks with the upcoming Crimean referendum planned for March 16.
Specialists were working to restore the work of the portals, he said.
As was reported earlier on Friday, the Russian president’s official website and the website of Bank of Russia were attacked by hackers.
Specialists were doing everything, and their efforts allowed making the president's website accessible practically for all, a Kremlin administration source said.
"Indeed, a serious DDoS attack is under way, and not only on the Kremlin website, but on some other portals," the press service confirmed to Itar-Tass, noting it was the most powerful attempt ever made to destabilize work of the website.
Everything was being done to restore the website work ability in full, the press service assured, adding most users already could open it.
The press service also said work was continuing to find the source of the attack.
The Russian presidential administration did not link this Friday's attack on the president's official website with developments in Ukraine, a Kremlin source told Itar-Tass.
"Such spamming happens regularly, but to varying degrees of activity. It is not right to link it with developments in Ukraine," the source noted.
"The Kremlin website is open for all, and such situations are explainable," he said, adding that specialists were searching for the source of the DDoS attack.