Currency converter
^
All news
News Search Topics
ОК
Use filter
You can filter your feed,
by choosing only interesting
sections.
Loading

CAS upholds six-year ban from all football activities for FIFA ex-President Blatter

December 05, 2016, 16:44 UTC+3
Share
1 pages in this article

MOSCOW, December 5. /TASS/. The Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) has rejected an appeal from former FIFA President Sepp Blatter against his previously imposed six-year suspension from all football-related activities, the Swiss-based court said in its statement on Monday.

"The appeal of Joseph S. Blatter has been dismissed," CAS said in its statement. "As a consequence, the decision rendered by the FIFA Appeal Committee… on 16 February 2016 remains in force and Mr Blatter remains banned from taking part in any football-related activity at national and international level for six years as from 8 October 2015 and must pay a fine of CHF 50,000."

In early October last year, Blatter and then-president of UEFA Michel Platini were both suspended for the period of 90 days from their posts as part of the investigation into corruption allegations against them.

Among a number of corruption allegations, Blatter was suspected of a disloyal payment of 2 million Swiss francs to UEFA President Platini in February 2011.

The adjudicatory chamber of the independent FIFA Ethics Committee held hearings into corruption charges on December 17 and 18, in regard to Blatter and Platini respectively, and on December 21 they were both suspended for the period of eight years from all football-related activities.

The Ethics Committee also subjected both of the football executives to financial fines, obliging Blatter to pay 50,000 Swiss francs (over $50,300) and Platini - 80,000 Swiss francs (over $80,500).

On March 2, FIFA Appeal Committee ruled to reduce the suspension sentences for Platini and Blatter from eight to six years.

Show more
Share
In other media
Реклама
Partner News
Реклама