Russia’s Shipulin clinches gold in 20km individual race of IBU World Cup stage in ItalySport January 20, 19:18
Prominent Russian adventurer Konyukhov to take samples from Mariana Trench floorSociety & Culture January 20, 19:15
Gazprom CEO says North Stream-2 pipeline proves relevanceBusiness & Economy January 20, 19:10
More survivors found in avalanche-hit Italian hotel — mediaWorld January 20, 18:48
LIVE: Donald Trump's inaugurationWorld January 20, 18:21
Photos of the week: Trump in front of Lincoln, Miss Universe beauties and icy plungesSociety & Culture January 20, 18:21
Kremlin spokesman shrugs off cabinet shake-up rumors as ‘usual fun and games’Russian Politics & Diplomacy January 20, 18:17
Kremlin not stricken by any 'horror' from Trump's inaugurationRussian Politics & Diplomacy January 20, 18:08
Russian Foreign Ministry says situation in Venezuela may lead to color revolutionRussian Politics & Diplomacy January 20, 17:47
RIO DE JANEIRO, August 8. /TASS/. The International Table Tennis Federation (ITTF) is disappointed by the unilateral decision of the International Paralympic Committee (IPC) to ban the Russian national Paralympic team from competing in the 2016 Summer Paralympic Games in Rio de Janeiro, the ITTF press service told TASS on Monday.
On Sunday IPC announced disqualification of the Russian Paralympic Committee and banned Russian para athletes from participating in the 2016 Paralympic Games in Rio de Janeiro following the report by the Independent Commission of the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA).
"ITTF supports fighting against doping at all stages of the process," the press service said. "However, we are disappointed, as many other federations, that the International Paralympic Committee made a decision on Russian para athletes without consultations and unilaterally. Nine Russian para athletes were selected for the Paralympic Games. We have not yet received a response to our inquiry to IPC on whether representatives of table tennis are mentioned in the McLaren report. ITTF will carry out a comprehensive investigation," the press service explained.
Russian Sports Minister Vitaly Mutko said earlier that banning Russian para athletes from competing in the Rio Olympics will be appealed in the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) in Lausanne.