Currency converter
News Feed
News Search Topics
Use filter
You can filter your feed,
by choosing only interesting

WADA retests all probes of Russian Paralympic athletes from 2012, 2014 Games

August 07, 13:52 UTC+3 MOSCOW
"They are retesting everyone. I believe, they are doing so at the instructions from our "friend" Rodchenkov - he is now their most honest evidence," Russia’s Minister of Sports said
Material has 1 page

MOSCOW, August 7. /TASS/. The World Anti-Doping Agency is retesting all doping probes of all Russian athletes, who participated in the Paralympic Games in 2012 and 2014, Russia’s Minister of Sports Vitaly Mutko told TASS on Sunday.

WADA Independent Commission chaired by McLaren released a report on July 18 on the results of its probe into the accusations of doping and manipulation of tests by Russian athletes and officials at the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic Games.

The report claimed that the commission found evidence that Russia’s Sports Ministry and the Center for the Training of Russian National Teams and the Federal Security Service had covered up the doping program in Russian sports.

A total of 35 Russian Paralympians were mentioned in the report of McLaren.

Following the report, WADA recommended the International Olympic Committee, the International Paralympic Committee (IPC) and all international sports federations to ban Russian athletes from all international sports competitions. The IPC opened a disciplinary case against the RPC on the basis of the WADA report.

"According to the information I have, now continue "titanic" retests of all the doping probes taken from our Paralympic athletes," the minister said. "The impression is WADA after being criticized by IOC does not have any other targets but Russia, and the key target is to prove they are right. They are doing colossal work, involving big resources to retest all Paralympic athletes after London-2012 and Sochi-2014."

"They are retesting everyone," the Russian minister said. "I believe, they are doing so at the instructions from our "friend" Rodchenkov - he is now their most honest evidence."

The International Paralympic Committee (IPC) said in a statement released by its press service on Saturday - any media report claiming that Russian Paralympic athletes will be banned from competing in the 2016 Paralympics in Brazil’s Rio de Janeiro is "pure speculation." Earlier in the day, the British newspaper Guardian said that Russian athletes would be probably banned from the 2016 Paralympics.

"The IPC’s decision on the membership status of the Russian Paralympic Committee will not be announced until Sunday 7 August at a press conference in Rio at 17:00 CEST," the IPC said in the statement. "Any media report claiming otherwise at present is pure speculation."

The Paralympic Games are scheduled to be held in Brazil’s Rio de Janeiro from September 7 through to September 18.

Показать еще
In other media