Russian Foreign Ministry slams OSCE car incident in Donbass as 'provocation'Russian Politics & Diplomacy April 23, 19:41
Macron winning presidential polls among French living in US, Canada — TVWorld April 23, 19:12
French nationals in Moscow expect presidential polls to bring changes to their countryWorld April 23, 18:01
French presidential hopefuls cast ballots in first round of electionWorld April 23, 15:52
OSCE staff member dies in car blast in DonbassWorld April 23, 13:55
Presidential hopeful Emmanuel Macron gets in line to voteWorld April 23, 12:26
First candidates cast ballots in presidential election in FranceWorld April 23, 11:26
LIVE updates: French presidential election 2017World April 23, 8:57
Russian soldier’s killer mentally unstable - Armenia’s Investigative CommitteeWorld April 23, 0:48
MOSCOW, August 1. /TASS/. Russia’s Rowing Federation has lodged a suit with the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) in Lausanne to challenge the decision of the World Rowing Federation (FISA) to ban 17 Russian rowers from the upcoming Olympic Games in Brazils’ Rio, President of the Russian Rowing Federation Veniamin But told TASS on Monday.
FISA ruled earlier that only six out of 28 Russian rowers are allowed to compete in Rio, while the rest are banned from the Games as they lack doping tests made outside Russia. The international federation, according to But, was putting obstacles for the Russian side in solving this problem.
"We have engaged our lawyers who have issued a suit with the CAS on behalf of the athletes who were banned due to the lack of foreign-made doping tests. It is a collective suit from 17 people, and it has been filed," But said.
Following this decision, Russian Lightweight Men’s Four, Lightweight Women’s Double Sculls, Women’s eight and Men’s eight entries were canceled. Russia’s quotas will go to other countries in accordance with their places taken at the final qualifying Lucerne World Rowing Cup in May 2016. Thus, "Australia has confirmed their intention to enter the Women’s eight, Greece has confirmed their intention to enter the Lightweight Men’s Four and Italy has confirmed their intention to enter the Men’s eight and the Lightweight Women’s Double Sculls," FISA said.