Turkey declares one day of national mourning over Istanbul terrorist attackWorld December 11, 7:10
Turkish authorities impose media ban on coverage of Istanbul explosionWorld December 11, 3:01
Erdogan says Istanbul terrorist attack causes fatalitiesWorld December 11, 2:52
Istanbul explosions leave 15 dead, 69 wounded — TV channelWorld December 11, 2:38
Three settlements in Syria join cessation of hostilities — Russia’s Defense MinistryWorld December 11, 2:34
TV: Islamic State re-enters ancient city of PalmyraWorld December 10, 21:20
Saudi minister says Russia led consultations process with OPECBusiness & Economy December 10, 20:41
UK foreign secretary says protection of civilians should be 'top priority' in SyriaWorld December 10, 20:31
Non-OPEC states join historic oil cut dealBusiness & Economy December 10, 20:23
MOSCOW, May 6. /TASS/. Round nine of the 2016 FIA Formula E Championship, scheduled for June 4 in the Russian capital of Moscow, has been cancelled, the press service of the Formula E racing announced in its statement on Friday.
According to the statement, "together with the local authorities [in Moscow], Formula E has taken the decision not to race in the Russian capital due to recent and unforeseen circumstances related to road closures."
Formula E Chief Executive Alejandro Agag said: "While it is unfortunate news not to race in Moscow on June 4, we looked at a number of alternative options as a replacement but were not able to find a viable solution on that specific date."
"We explored all possibilities including returning to Monaco, but regrettably couldn’t organize the change of venue on such short notice," the statement quoted Agag as saying.
Formula E is a new FIA single-seater championship and the world's first fully-electric racing series. The inaugural championship of Formula E racing was held in 2014-2015 and Moscow served as one of the world’s venues last year for the championship. The Moscow ePrix was held on June 6 last year.