Diplomat calls US’ allegations about isolation of Russia in UN 'strange'Russian Politics & Diplomacy April 28, 20:58
Experts say Russian hackers strongly demonized in USRussian Politics & Diplomacy April 28, 20:35
Ferrari drivers clock best time in Practice Two of Russia F1 GP in SochiSport April 28, 19:54
Red Bull’s advisor Marko says Kvyat to possibly remain with Toro Rosso next yearSport April 28, 19:16
Pope Francis blesses pregnant TASS correspondent en route to EgyptWorld April 28, 18:55
Russian diplomat says use of military force against North Korean unacceptable, dangerousRussian Politics & Diplomacy April 28, 18:45
UN chief calls for lowering risk of miscalculation concerning North Korea issueWorld April 28, 18:15
Moscow deeply regrets Montenegro’s decision to join NATORussian Politics & Diplomacy April 28, 18:07
Maria Sharapova reaches Porsche Grand Prix semifinalsSport April 28, 17:50
MOSCOW, February 20. /TASS/. The team of Russian heavyweight boxer Alexander Povetkin is preparing for purse bid set for February 26 ahead of his mandatory bout with WBC belt holder Deontay Wilder of the United States, the head of the Boxing World promotion company said on Saturday.
Earlier on Saturday, Povetkin told TASS that the talks on the bout with Wilder’s representatives had failed.
"Talks failed, there will be trade negotiations," Povetkin, also known as ‘Russian Vityaz’ (30-1, 22 KOs), said.
"We have some time," Andrey Ryabinskiy, the head of the Boxing World, told TASS. "We are preparing for the purse bid, which was earlier scheduled in Mexico on February 26 and now is relocated to the US."
"The purse bid is even more convenient for us," he said. "Everything is objective, the side offering more will organize the bout."
Povetkin is now the WBC mandatory challenger to WBC heavyweight champion Wilder (36-0, 35 KOs).