Currency converter
All news
News Search Topics
Use filter
You can filter your feed,
by choosing only interesting

Suspected South Russian apartment bomber killed in special operation

December 20, 2017, 4:52 UTC+3 STAVROPOL

Earler on Wednesday, an explosion at a Southern Russian residential building shattered windows in several apartments, bud no injuries were reported

1 pages in this article
© Yegor Aleyev/TASS, archive

STAVROPOL, December 20. /TASS/. The man who is believed to have blown up an apartment in the southern Russian city of Stavropol earlier on Wednesday, was killed in a security operation that followed, a city official told TASS.

Residents were allowed to return to their apartments, said Dmitry Semenov, the administrative head of Stavropol’s Promyshlenny district where the building is located.

"The person, who detonated the explosive device, was killed, the apartment was checked, all further conclusions will be made by investigative bodies. There is no danger, otherwise people won’t be allowed to return," Semenov said.

According to earlier reports from eyewitnesses and city head Andrei Dzhatdoyev, the man was not a local resident and rented the apartment. After the first blast, he threatened to carry out another one.

The explosion shattered windows in several apartments, bud did no visible damage to the building. No deaths or injuries were reported among residents.

A city administration spokesperson told reporters that about 130 people were evacuated from the house. A temporary shelter was set up at a nearby school.

"Overall, about 130 people were evacuated from the zone of the incident, some of them are staying at their relatives, others remain in the school building," the official said.

Show more
In other media
Partner News