MOSCOW, March 22. /TASS/. The fire in a residential house in north-east of Moscow killed two people while 19 were injured, a representative with the Investigative Committee told TASS.
Nine of the 19 injured have been taken to hospitals. There are five children among the injured, two of them were taken to hospitals.
Deputy General Director of Mosgaz (Moscow gas service) Daria Raspopova told TASS that the fire was not caused by a gas explosion.
"Specialists of Mosgaz promptly arrived at the scene, checked all the gas components. The gas equipment is not damaged," she said.
According to her, the entire system of gas supply in the apartment where the fire started, is not damaged. The epicenter of the fore was not in the kitchen but in the room.
"This gives us grounds to preliminary state that natural gas was not the cause of the accident," she said.