Currency converter
^
News Feed
News Search Topics
ОК
Use filter
You can filter your feed,
by choosing only interesting
sections.
Loading

Moscow Domodedovo airport’s ex-director pleads not guilty

February 09, 19:18 UTC+3 MOSCOW
Vyacheslav Nekrasov’s defense lawyer said that a sentence passed by the Moscow regional court established that the human deaths were caused by a terror strike
1 pages in this article
© Stanislav Krasilnikov/TASS

MOSCOW, February 9 /TASS/. Vyacheslav Nekrasov, the former director of Moscow’s Domodedovo airport, has denied the charges of breaching the airport security regulations revealed after the January 2011 terrorist act and causing the death of two or more people through negligence.

Nekrasov pleaded not guilty at Moscow’s Basmannyi court, which considered a possibility of his arrest on Tuesday.

He asked the court not to take him into custody. He said he had no plans to escape from justice but wanted to continue helping his children and old parents.

Nekrasov’s defense lawyer said that a sentence passed by the Moscow regional court established that the human deaths were not the consequence of a wrongly provided service but had been caused by a terror strike. He also added that the investigator was calling the sentence of the Moscow regional court, which had already taken effect, into question.

Nekrasov and his family were vacationing in Sochi, Russia’s Black Sea, when he learnt the investigators were planning to bring a charge against him. His lawyer noted that Nekrasov had not tried to escape but showed up to meet the investigator after a phone call. He also called the court’s attention that Nekrasov had quitted his post of the airport director a month before the terror strike. Therefore, he could not provide any services, which did not meet the airport security standards.

Show more
In other media
Реклама
Реклама