Ecuador police calls teens, parents to beware of ‘Blue Whale’ suicide challengeSociety & Culture April 28, 8:00
China to begin construction of its own orbital station in 2019Science & Space April 28, 7:48
Syrian troops retake major gas field near Palmyra — mediaWorld April 28, 7:06
French giants Auchan, Peugeot face prosecution in Ukraine over work in CrimeaBusiness & Economy April 28, 6:13
White House boasts it ‘isolated Russia’ at UNWorld April 28, 6:07
St Petersburg’s landmark cathedral to get patriarchal statusSociety & Culture April 28, 3:07
Russians to be proud of its F1 racer Daniil Kvyat - Toro Rosso principalSport April 28, 3:02
Moscow holds first night rehearsal of Victory Day ParadeMilitary & Defense April 28, 1:18
Russia’s Kvyat expects full-house attendance at 2017 F1 Russia GP in SochiSport April 28, 1:14
MOSCOW, November 11. /TASS/. The Association of Tour Operators of Russia (ATOR) has dismissed as speculation reports on banning flights to other countries.
"In my opinion, raising the issue is speculation, because one needs to have serious grounds to make such statements. Since there are no premises whatsoever for this at the moment, I believe such statement should be regarded as mere speculation aimed at creating panic," ATOR Executive Director Maya Lomidze said on Wednesday.
Referring to Egypt, she noted that so far it was unclear when air communication with the country could be resumed. "At the moment it is clear that it’s uncertain, it is likely to be an indefinitely long period of time," she said.
Lomidze recalled that "over the past few years flights to Egypt had been banned several times, but it is the presidential decree for the first time, which creates different legal conditions for consumers." "For the first time the losses of the tourism industry are addressed at the government level," she said.
She noted that "Egypt, even under the conditions of economic instability, was the cheapest and year-round tourist destination." "2011 and 2013 showed that there was no real alternative to Egypt in terms of prices and amenities," she said.
On November 6, the Russian president agreed with the recommendations of the National Anti-Terrorism Committee (NAC) to suspend air service with Egypt until the causes of the A321 plane crash were identified. According to presidential press secretary Dmitry Peskov, flights to Egypt will be suspended until proper level of security is ensured. Putin also issued instructions to help Russians vacationing in Egypt return home.
An A321 passenger jet of Russia’s Kogalymavia air carrier (flight 9268) bound to St. Petersburg crashed on October 31 some 30 minutes after the takeoff from Egypt’s Sharm el-Sheikh.
It fell down 100 kilometers south of the administrative center of North Sinai Governorate, the city of Al-Arish. The plane was carrying 217 passengers and seven crew members. There were four Ukrainian and one Belarusian nationals among the passengers. None of them survived.