Cuban revolution in pictures: Early years of Fidel CastroWorld December 04, 16:49
Putin: Trump as president realizes quickly level of responsibilityRussian Politics & Diplomacy December 04, 13:46
Putin: attempts for uni-polar world fail, balance in the world restoresRussian Politics & Diplomacy December 04, 13:44
Bild: Eurovision 2017 may take place in MoscowSociety & Culture December 04, 10:45
Presidential election in Uzbekistan is validWorld December 04, 10:43
Russian Reconciliation center delivers over 150 tonnes of humanitarian cargo to AleppoRussian Politics & Diplomacy December 04, 7:46
Rally dedicated to Fidel Castro ends in Santiago de CubaWorld December 04, 6:43
Raul Castro says no streets will be named after FidelWorld December 04, 5:38
Cuban TV host says Fidel Castro admired Russian peopleWorld December 04, 5:17
MOSCOW, November 9. /TASS/. Four defendants in the case over last year’s worst accident in the history of Moscow metro have been sentenced from 5.5 to 6 years in standard regime penal colony, judge Anton Tolstoy of Moscow’s Dorgomilovsky court announced on Monday.
Among the sentenced are tack walker Valery Bashkatov, his deputy Yuri Gordov, a senior official of the metro repair service, Alexei Trofimov, and production director of Spetstekhrekonstruktsiya reconstruction subcontractor Anatoly Kruglov.
They were found guilty under Article 263 of Russian Criminal Code "on violation of metro safety and operation rules inflicting the death of two or more persons".
The sentence said that although the defendants had not pleaded guilty, their guilt was confirmed by eyewitness testimony, testimony of victims, as well as results of the expertise. The defense said they would appeal against the court judgement.
Under the sentence, the four should also pay jointly more than 15 million roubles ($232,275) under lawsuits of injured persons.
A train detailed between Slaviansky Boulevard and Park Pobedy stations in Moscow metro on July 15, 2014, killing 24 people and injuring more than 150.