UN mission in Ukraine has no powers to assess situation in Crimea, diplomats noteWorld September 25, 21:11
Gentlefan continues: Manchester United fans to get raincoats ahead of encounter with CSKASport September 25, 20:30
US-led coalition denies charges of US units leading Syrian 'opposition' through IS linesWorld September 25, 18:49
Supplies of S-400 systems to Turkey may begin within two yearsMilitary & Defense September 25, 18:14
Ukraine involved in illegal arms deliveries to South Sudan — Amnesty InternationalWorld September 25, 18:01
Russian general's death in Syria result of US double-dealing in war on terror — diplomatRussian Politics & Diplomacy September 25, 17:42
Russia's top diplomat says conditions in Syria ripe for defeating terroristsRussian Politics & Diplomacy September 25, 17:07
Russian envoy notes US actions in Syria as Washington's true colors on anti-terror policyRussian Politics & Diplomacy September 25, 17:00
Economy minister believes new technologies will drive Russia’s economyBusiness & Economy September 25, 16:50
NAZRAN, October 12. /TASS/. Law enforcers have blocked militants in two private houses in the village of Gazi-Yurt in the Russian North Caucasus republic of Ingushetia, regional law enforcement bodies reported.
"The households are blocked, a firefight is underway now," a law enforcement spokesman told TASS.
Earlier, the Federal Security Service (FSB) regional department told TASS that the regime of a counterterrorism operation had been imposed in the town of Karabulak, villages of Ekazhevo, Pliyevo and a few others in Ingushetia.
"The measure has been introduced in connection with operational information that gang members who plan to carry out a terrorist act are in one of these inhabited localities," the FSB department said.
A number of restrictions on movement of citizens and vehicles have been imposed for the period of the operation in these inhabited localities.
Russia’s law enforcement agencies continue fighting militants in the North Caucasus over 14 years since the battle phase of the second war against Islamist separatists in Chechnya came to an end in 2000. Attacks on security officials and civilians occur from time to time in Dagestan, Ingushetia and Kabardino-Balkaria.