VOLGOGRAD, April 20. /TASS/. Three settlements remain partially flooded in Russia’s Volgograd region, the Emergencies Ministry’s regional branch said in a statement on Friday, adding that the number of flooded households had declined from 70 to 60 in the previous 24 hours.
"As of 08:00 Moscow time (05:00 GMT) on April 20, a total of 60 households in three settlements located in two municipalities remain flooded," the statement reads.
According to regional emergency services, the flood clean-up operation involves 345 people and 102 pieces of equipment.
The regional branch of the Russian Interior Ministry told reporters that 36 police officers had been affected by the flood and would receive a support payment of 5,000 to 50,000 rubles ($80-800). A total of 950,000 rubles ($15,500) have been allocated for this purpose.
More than 1,100 houses with a population of around 5,000 people in 81 settlements were flooded in the Volgograd region in early April. Over 800 families have already received flood payments of 50,000 rubles.
A state of emergency is in effect in the region since April 4.