Putin, Rouhani stress importance of joint efforts in settlement of Syrian conflictRussian Politics & Diplomacy May 27, 14:32
Federatsiya spacecraft’s first flight may be rescheduled to 2022 - sourceScience & Space May 27, 14:29
Zbigniew Brzezinski dies at age of 89World May 27, 6:57
More than two-thirds of Russians say would like to venerate St Nicholas’s relicsSociety & Culture May 27, 6:40
Russian space budget may grow this yearScience & Space May 26, 20:48
Moscow hopes London High Court will deliver judgement on Ukraine’s debt to Russia soonBusiness & Economy May 26, 20:21
Hungarian top diplomat: EU must discuss anti-Russian sanctionsWorld May 26, 19:56
Russian, French top diplomats discuss preparations for Putin’s visit to FranceRussian Politics & Diplomacy May 26, 19:47
Moscow comments on Tallinn’s move to expel Russian diplomatsRussian Politics & Diplomacy May 26, 19:43
MOSCOW, July 28. /TASS/. A commission of the Russian state space corporation Roscosmos has rescheduled provisionally to October 10 from August 29 the launch of a Proton-M booster vehicle with the U.S. space probe EchoStar-21, the corporation said in a report on Thursday.
"Roscosmos commission in charge of planning satellite launches has taken a decision to reschedule the launch of the Proton-M booster vehicle with the U.S. telecommunications satellite EchoStar-21," the report said. "The revised date of the launch is October 10, 2016."
Initially, the Proton was to lift off in the first quarter of 2016 but the date was moved to the end of June and then to August 29 later.
EchoStar-21, manufactured by Space Systems/Loral, was known previously as EchoStar T2 and EchoStar 2. Its function is to provide telecom services in Europe.
The previous launch of a Proton booster vehicle took place on June 9 when the rocket brought into space the Intersat 31 satellite.