VOSTOCHNY SPACEPORT, November 2. /TASS/. The task of building the Vostochny Spaceport will be coped with by the end of this year, Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin has said.
"From the standpoint of the presidential decree this task (of building the spaceport) will be coped with by the end of 2015," Rogozin told the media in a teleconference, adding that some time would be needed for testing the equipment.
Rogozin pointed out that 2015 had been identified as the deadline for building the space facility and putting it into operation. As he inspected the construction site, President Vladimir Putin was able to estimate the amount of work handled over the past year.
"He was able to see for himself that the pace of work was really high. Construction teams were working in three shifts round the clock. Any further acceleration would be fraught with certain risks of violating technologies and rules of preparations for such an important event as the launch of a carrier rocket," Rogozin said. Aware of these risks the president agreed to give more time for the work to proceed normally and diligently.
"Everybody appreciated that. Roscosmos specialists now have an opportunity to start calm and thorough testing of each part and component. They will do their utmost to ensure the first launch should by no means be overshadowed by any mishaps or glitches," Rogozin said.
According to Rogozin, a decision on preparations for the first rocket launch from the Vostochny spaceport is to be made by a government commission.
"Preparations for the first launch from the Vostochny spaceport are not a matter to be decided by some senior official — the president, prime minister or the deputy prime minister overseeing the project. It is a competence of the special government commission, which will assume all responsibility for the system’s readiness," Rogozin said. He added that "we have in mind the middle of the spring of 2016," but a final decision is to be made by the government commission.