European human rights watchdog welcomes court’s ruling on Russian opposition activistWorld February 22, 18:42
Maslenitsa festival: a week of pancakes and joySociety & Culture February 22, 17:49
Kremlin aide praises late UN envoy as ‘generation’s best and brightest’ diplomatRussian Politics & Diplomacy February 22, 17:28
Russian only Polar Circle city vows to preserve Arctic environmentBusiness & Economy February 22, 17:20
Russian presidential aide says Astana platform helpful for settling Syrian crisisRussian Politics & Diplomacy February 22, 16:55
UN high commissioner urges Europe’s ‘cooperative approach’ to migration situationWorld February 22, 16:51
Russia's defense chief to mobilize new cyber armyMilitary & Defense February 22, 16:49
Presidential aide says all Kremlin’s contacts with Trump administration already reportedRussian Politics & Diplomacy February 22, 16:36
Defense chief praises Russian military's success in SyriaMilitary & Defense February 22, 16:32
MOSCOW, May 29 /TASS/. Reports about lethal casualties among civilians and destruction of the Donbass infrastructure appear only after shelling by the Ukraine army rather than militia actions, Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said in an interview with the "International Review" programme on the Rossiya 24 TV news channel on Friday. The Russian foreign minister said that the militias backed up by Russia were being blamed for all the misfortunes in the conflict zone.
"Reporters of many Russian television channels are working ‘on the ground.’ Every day we can watch live reports about what regrettably is taking place, despite the announced truce, to the east from the disengagement line - in the militia-held territory…We see destroyed houses, hospitals, schools, social infrastructure and civilians with grave wounds.…All these facts are documented by Russian journalists who are working there with enormous risks for their lives," Lavrov went on to say.
Kiev’s actions are causing indignation of the people of Lugansk, Donetsk and normal people in the whole world. "It’s the militias who start all this. We only respond," Lavrov said quoting the Kiev authorities as saying.
"To our question what would they do to react to further substantiated episodes of Kiev’s non-fulfilment of its liabilities, our Western partners say nothing," he noted. "I am confident they think about it to themselves and we know they are sending signals to the Kiev leaders, in a confidential regime so far."
"Although it seems to me that many Europeans are on the brink of doing it publicly, since such behind-the-scenes indoctrinations have no effect and yield no result so far," Lavrov added.
No one is showing "any destruction of civilian infrastructure and the death of peaceful civilians in the Ukrainian-government controlled territory to the west from the disengagement line," the Russian foreign minister stressed. "Ukrainian news reports say only that three servicemen of Ukrainian Armed Forces or a fighter of a Ukrainian voluntary battalion have died as a result of actions by separatist terrorists. But I have never heard the Ukraine authorities report the death of peaceful civilians in territories adjacent to the militia-controlled areas," Lavrov said.