Crew of Russian vessel that sank off Turkey's coast returns home — mediaWorld April 28, 11:38
Russian Airborne Force medics return from Syria after carrying out humanitarian missionsWorld April 28, 10:28
Syrian president says US foreign policy remains unchanged under TrumpWorld April 28, 10:10
Russian anti-submarine destroyer returns to Mediterranean after African voyageMilitary & Defense April 28, 10:02
Ecuador police calls teens, parents to beware of ‘Blue Whale’ suicide challengeSociety & Culture April 28, 8:00
China to begin construction of its own orbital station in 2019Science & Space April 28, 7:48
Syrian troops retake major gas field near Palmyra — mediaWorld April 28, 7:06
French giants Auchan, Peugeot face prosecution in Ukraine over work in CrimeaBusiness & Economy April 28, 6:13
White House boasts it ‘isolated Russia’ at UNWorld April 28, 6:07
The list of defendants in the case of mass disorders, which took place during the opposition demonstration at Bolotnaya Square in Moscow on May 6, last year, may be extended. On Thursday, photos of 86 people were placed on the bolotnoedelo website. The people in the near future may face charges of participation in the mass disorders. According to the publication authors, investigation work is underway to identify the people. Opposition activists hint that the closed information was provided by a sympathizing source from the Investigative Committee.
Vague pictures of people are seen on the screenshots of the video recording that shows the people in some or other way clashing with policemen during the Bolotnaya events, the Noviye Izvestia writes. The identities of the possible defendants are not established yet. To prevent active discussions in the Internet over who has recognized whom on the photos, the website organizers ask not to name the sought persons either by telephone or in correspondence. "If you find yourself in the list, mind that investigators may become interested in you. If you see acquaintances, please, warn them," the site said.
Opposition activist Ilya Yashin on his Facebook page also asks to protect people from arrest. He told the newspaper where the photos of the suspects appeared from. "I can only say that even in the Investigative Committee there are people who are not happy about what is happening. And they wonderfully realize that the Bolotnoye case is a political order and try to minimize the further arrests. We hope that the publication of the materials will help some of the potential defendants of the case to avoid unlawful persecution," the opposition activist explained.
When asked whether on the contrary there would be harm from the published screenshots, Yashin answered that they wanted first of all to inform people that the Investigative Committee displayed high interest in them. "There is a proverb "If you are warned, it means you are armed”. How to use the information, the people will decide themselves," he said.
According to Yashin, the 86 people have three choices, the Moskovsky Komsomolets notes. The first is to appear before the investigator to give themselves up and hope for leniency. The second is to leave Russia or apply for political asylum in another country. The third is to wait for arrest and a trial, which will not delve into details and will satisfy the investigators' demands, and to prepare beforehand – to find an attorney, hand over property to relatives and collect needed things.
Meanwhile, human rights defenders and civil activists try to morally support those who are held in custody, the Nezavisimaya Gazeta notes. Underway is a campaign "One Day – One Name" dedicated to 27 defendants in the Bolotnoye case. Last Thursday was devoted to marine Denis Lutskevich who had his birthday that day. He is 21. Videos with congratulations addressed to him were recorded by Indem foundation head Georgy Satarov and stage director Yevgeny Grishkovets.